The gopher got the second butternut squash plant, so just one left.
I quit watering the corn - it was never going to produce, so I quit wasting my time watering it.
I planted more carrots today (2 kinds).
I have to say that I was pretty hard on Jessica Seinfeld and her cookbook, Deceptively Delicious, but I found one the whole family loved, so I need to share it. (I was running out of things to do w/ my yellow squash...I've given it to every neighbor and friend and still have it coming out my ears.)
"Buttered" Noodles
8 oz. whole wheat pasta
1/2 cup yellow squash puree
1/4 cup nonfat (skim) milk
2 Tbsp. trans-fat-free soft tub margarine spread
2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan
1/4 tsp. salt
Cook pasta as directed. Drain, return to warm pot, and stir in the squash puree (make sure the puree is very creamy), milk, margarine, Parmesan, and salt.
Personal note: I edited the above instructions from the original. I also made this with regular (non-wheat) bow tie pasta, used a heaping 1/2 cup of squash, halved the milk, used a Parmesan-Romano blend cheese, and I added peas to it. Oh, and I used Heart Smart spread, which I think is actually half real butter. So maybe I didn't actually try the recipe above? haha
No comments:
Post a Comment