Thursday, April 30, 2009

Week 7

It's already been 7 weeks?! I can't believe it. My tomatoes look like they are still deciding whether to live or die, and so do my peppers. My beets and pole beans haven't shown up at all. But my zucchini, summer squash, butternut squash, pumpkin, bush beans, and corn - and even a few carrots - have come up. Yay! I think I'll need to buy some tomato plants so we will actually have tomatoes this year. It's going to rain this weekend, so I'll probably wait until next week.
Oh, and I have no idea about the potatoes growing up through the straw - I'm so afraid of mold, yet don't want to leave them too dry. I read on one site that I should use a moisture monitor, but the only ones I could find were for cement and paint and stuff. So I don't know what I should even be looking for there. So I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping that they do well and we get some potatoes out of this little "experiment." :)
And btw, my lilacs got burned to a crisp during a 2.5 day hot weather spell. I hate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment