Sunday, April 19, 2009
Week 6
I made a schedule and then didn't follow it!! I was thinking I needed to transplant this weekend, so I rushed my plants outside and they didn't get a real chance at getting used to being outdoors. That, in combination with the fact that I completely over-watered all my indoor plants, meant a sad death for many. My hearty butternut squash died and so did my 2 yellow pear tomatoes. I am still hopeful that the basil will survive, but they aren't looking great. The tomatoes are looking sad and so is the cantaloupe. I transplanted everything but the marigolds. I planted corn, beets (I think we're a bit too late for them to work), beans, carrots, zucchini, summer squash, pumpkin, and a new butternut from seed. I guess we'll cross our fingers and hope they work. I am thinking I might try some more pear tomatoes from seed and possibly just buy some good/hearty pots of tomatoes. We'll see. My peppers seem to be doing okay, but they are extremely small...I am not expecting much from them. My potatoes are looking good; Jared picked me up some straw, but I didn't get around to putting it on my potatoes yet. They are getting tall, so I hope it's not too late to get the straw on them. And I'm a bit concerned that they might not get enough sun because I planted them under the poles for the beans and squash...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment